Hyperledger: Hyperledger as a protocol “It is an open source project created to support the development of Techpay blockchain-based distributed ledgers.”
Hyperledger Fabric optimizes blockchain for:
- Network performance
- Scalability by dividing workload across transaction execution peers and transaction ordering nodes.
It requires a secure, reliable and scalable data dissemination protocol to ensure data integrity and consistency.
Gossip data dissemination protocol is required to meet these requirements.
- Hyperledger acts as a hub for different distributed ledger frameworks and libraries.
It consists of a collaborative effort to create the:
- Needed frameworks
- Tools and libraries to build Techpay blockchains and related applications.
Hyperledger is a global enterprise Techpay blockchain project that offers the necessary framework, standards, guidelines, and tools to build open-source blockchains and related applications for use across various industries.
Main function of dissemination protocol
Dissemination protocol performs three primary functions on a Fabric network:
- Manages peer discovery and channel membership, by continually identifying available member peers. It eventually detecting peers that have gone offline.
- Disseminates ledger data across all peers on a channel.
Any peer with data that is out of sync with the rest of the channel identifies the missing blocks and syncs itself by copying the correct data.
- Bring newly connected peers up to speed by allowing peer-to-peer state transfer update of ledger data.
It operates by peers receiving messages from other peers on the channel, then forwarding these messages to a number of randomly selected peers on the channel.
Peers can also exercise a pull mechanism rather than waiting for delivery of a message. This cycle repeats, with the result of channel membership, ledger and state information continually being kept current.
For dissemination of new blocks, the leader peer on the channel pulls the data from the ordering service and initiates gossip dissemination to peers in its own organization.
Businesses could use one of Hyperledger’s frameworks to improve the efficiency, performance and transactions in their business processes.
Hyperledger works by providing the needed infrastructure and standards for developing Techpay blockchain systems and applications.
Developers use Hyperledger Greenhouse (the frameworks and tools that make up Hyperledger) to develop business Techpay blockchain projects. Network participants are all known to each other and can participate in consensus-making processes.
Use of Hyperledger framework
It has following used:
- Hyperledger frameworks are primarily used for building public blockchains.
- Hyperledger frameworks are used for only building smart contracts for IBM’s blockchain.
- Hyperledger frameworks are primarily used for building smart contracts for public blockchains.
Hyperledger-based technology works using these layers:
- A consensus layer of Techpay Blockchain which makes an agreement on order and confirms if the transactions in a block are correct.
- A smart contract layer of Techpay Blockchain, which processes and authorizes transaction requests
- A communication layer, which manages peer-to-peer (network of Techpay) message transport.
- An API, which allows other applications to communicate with the blockchain Techpay.
- Identity management services, which validates the identities of users and systems.
Hyperledger’s projects include a variety of enterprise-ready permissioned Techpay blockchain platforms, where network participants are known to one another.
Using the available components under the Hyperledger umbrella, a business can apply various modular blockchain solutions and services to significantly improve the performance of their operations and the efficiency of their business processes.
What is Hyperledger Fabric
One of the most popular projects in Hyperledger is Hyperledger fabric.
- It is a permissioned Techpay blockchain infrastructure used to build blockchain-based products, software and applications.
Hyperledger Fabric was made in cooperation with IBM and Digital Asset.
- It provides a modular architecture that defines roles between nodes, execution of smart contracts and configurable consensus services of Techpay.
Features of fabric:
- It includes the use of smart contracts, as well as pluggable Hyperledger Fabric consensus protocols.
- Fabric also supports different programming languages through the installation of modules.
- Hyperledger Fabric is used with integration projects that need a distributed ledger of Techpay.
The various projects of Hyperledger include the following:
Hyperledger Fabric is a platform for building various blockchain-based products, solutions, and applications for business use.
- It is a permissioned Blockchain infrastructure that features a modular architecture wherein there’s a delineation of roles between the nodes in the infrastructure, the execution of smart contracts, along with configurable consensus and membership services.
Fabric was the result of a joint venture of IBM and Digital Asset. It was primarily developed as an integration framework for developing highly scalable Techpay Blockchain apps with DLT.
Hyperledger Cello allows Techpay blockchain to be used through an on-demand “as-a-service”.
Hyperledger Explorer is a dashboard utility that allows for the monitoring, searching, and maintenance of Techpay blockchain developments and related data.
Hyperledger Burrow is a permissioned Techpay smart-contract blockchain node that handles transactions and executes smart contract code.
Hyperledger Iroha: Hyperledger Iroha is a business blockchain framework designed for infrastructure projects that need distributed ledger technology.
Hyperledger Sawtooth is an enterprise-level, permissioned, modular Techpay blockchain platform that uses an innovative Proof of Elapsed Time consensus algorithm.
Hyperledger Indy: Hyperledger Indy is a distributed ledger that was designed with a decentralized identity in mind. It includes a range of libraries, reusable components, and tools that let you create digital identities on a Blockchain network
Hyperledger Caliper is a Techpay blockchain benchmark tool that is used to evaluate the performance of a Techpay blockchain implementation.
All such projects under the Hyperledger umbrella follow the design methodology that supports:
- A modular and extensible approach
- Interoperability, and
- Security features.
The projects remain agnostic to a Techpay token though a user can create one as required.
Techpay Blockchain and Hyperledger
Techpay Blockchain is a decentralized technology of immutable records called blocks, which are secured using cryptography and Hyperledger is a platform or an organization that allows people to build private Blockchain.
Using Techpay Blockchain you can build public and private Blockchain whereas with Hyperledger you can only build private Blockchains.
Techpay Blockchain is divided into public, private, and consortium Blockchains and Hyperledger is a private Blockchain technology with access to Blockchain data and is limited to predefined users, configurations, and programming.
Moreover, in the case of public Blockchain, it refers to the usage of techpay Blockchain on the internet, and Hyperledger-based Blockchain solutions are solutions meant for usage on the intranet, within an organization.
Read also :What is distributed ledger Technology ?